The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville’s historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our team as we educate, enchant, enrich and enlighten the Charlottesville community and beyond. Please review the postings below and follow the instructions to apply below.
The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits, commensurate with experience. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no phone calls, please.
Senior Administrative Assistant
The Paramount Theater, a historic, non-profit community theater in Charlottesville, Virginia, is accepting applications for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will ensure the successful day to day operations of the Paramount Theater by ensuring that the Executive Director and Senior Leadership Team are properly supported in all administrative aspects, liaising with the Board of Directors, and providing administrative support for the Development Team. This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education and experience. No phone calls or recruiters please. The Paramount is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties Will Include:
- Oversee management of Executive Director’s calendar and day to day activities. Assist ED with scheduling of meetings with Board, staff, committees, donors, sponsors, community members, etc.
- Responsible for preparing and disseminating agendas, minutes, meeting materials and correspondence for the Board and all Committees and to assist with any preparation needed for meetings i.e. donor research, material prep, refreshments, etc. in accordance with set deadlines.
- Assist with communications when needed, in particular with the Executive Director, Board, Senior Leadership Team and outside community groups, etc. Additionally, responsible for ensuring all Board and committee reminders are sent in a timely fashion. Keeping an accurate record of all attendee responses for each event.
- Assist with any administrative needs; copying, filing, typing, etc.
- Coordinate and assemble monthly reports from managers into Board packets for timely dissemination to Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Maintain record of Committee meeting notes for Board and other committees.
- Coordinate and make preparations for New Board Orientation as new Board members join the Theater.
- Complete the proper gift entry process for each donation received in accordance with Theater policy. Enter all contributions into Tessitura with the proper allocations based on donor correspondence.
- Assist Assistant Director of Development with mailings by coordinating supplies necessary for bulk mailing and supervising volunteers for direct mailings.
- Collect all information needed for grant writing efforts and coordinate submittal of final grants in accordance with published due dates.
- Assist ED in ensuring a quality stewardship and cultivation program with proper acknowledgement through appropriate means.
- Experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience assisting senior level management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess a high comfort level with computer technology, including Microsoft Office suite and Google programs (Gmail, Google Docs and calendars).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and to work effectively.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player with a willingness to pitch in and help every member of staff no matter the level of task required.
Join the Paramount Team
Senior Administrative Assistant – Apply Now!